Sunday, March 17, 2013

Why did the Worm cross the road?

As I was walking to breakfast today I noticed that it had rained, the ground was wet and all across the road little pilgrims were attempting the long and treacherous journey across the road. Hundreds of bodies lie scattered in the gravely abyss, poor little souls who never made it to the other side. But the others kept on truckin, past the bodies of their dead wormy brethren, past the the battlefield of doom and onward to the grassy slopes of the orchard!
I decided to help one little fellow along in his trek, I picked up his squirming body and towed him to his destination. Then the thought struck me "I wonder how long his journey is in worm time?" I mean, if I were a giant it would take me only one step to go from school to the dorm, but it takes me like 5 minutes. So maybe when I picked up that worm he felt as though he was being lifted unto the very heavens! Souring like a plane above all that he had ever known.
And then I wondered, why did he try to cross the road in the first place? Maybe he simply liked the look of the greyish grass, or perhaps he was doing a worm marathon,  like a "hunger games" of sorts, to see who could prevail and reach the other side, the rest left to die in the gravel.
These are the questions that plague my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, deep thoughts...

    No, seriously you're an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete