Sunday, January 20, 2013

Because He first loved me

"Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not."
I came across this quote today and was shocked at the timing. I'm not going to go into it really but I've been having some serious questions about my faith. Some people were telling me that I have to rely on my won good works to go to heaven. And I let them tell me that I was going to hell. But that is not the God that I serve. I serve a God who loves me so much that he died for me. If I had to be perfect to go to heaven then why would God have died? Our works make no difference in how much God loves us, our works should eb as a result of his love. Not us trying to repay a debt, because it cant be payed.

"God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved- 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."( Ephesians 2)
I'm saved because I believe in Jesus, because he loves me and I am humanly, feebly trying to love him. Not because I'm a vegetarian. Not because I dress conservatively. Not because I don't have piercings. Not because I listen to good music. Not because I'm a virgin. Not because I don't do drugs. Not because I don't drink. Not because I pass out glow tracks. Not because I go to church. Not because I don't swear. Not because I'm a Adventist.
The ONLY reason that I am saved is because for some reason God looked at me and decided to love me. And because He first loved me, thats why I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment