Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas

Christmas at home is always my favorite time of year, it's the time to bake cookies with you sister, and play Christmas music as loud as it goes. AT our house I always loved traditions. Every year me and my little brothers would put on Santa hats and go Christmas shopping for hours everyday, of course we spent all our money on advent calendars and twinkly lights. But we just enjoyed the Christmas feeling of it all. Then at night we would sneak up after mom and dad were asleep and decorate the whole house. I remember last Christmas when we tried that...the dog ended up knocking a ball off the tree and woke my parents up. So we hid behind the wood stove until all was clear. Then when it was, we finished decorating. It was SO much fun! Every year daddy brought home advent calendars for us kids, and every year we would get impatient and eat the next days candy. Last year the kids put on a little Christmas show, puppets and all.

Now that Christmas is coming and the orchestra is playing Christmas songs everyday I've started to miss home more. All the traditions that wont be kept, I wish last Christmas I would have known it was my last one at home.

But I guess this year I'll make new traditions to be kept for the next 3 years. It'll be fun, Johnny's cutting down Christmas trees for the dorms. And some of us girls are making decorations. I just wish I could think of something to make this Christmas season special for everyone. I have a few ideas...but I'm open to any ideas ya'll might have!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Any Ideas! Decorate the dorm - oh were talking about Christmas traditions - egg nog and mistletoe. Oh I forget - Its Christmas! Wishing you the happiest Christmas ever with the Fountainview Group or wherever this season finds you. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete