Friday, March 4, 2011

Home...

YAY! YAY! YAY! We're going to Hawaii in a week! WHOOooOOOT! This is SO exciting! What kinda stuff do you bring to Hawaii? Do you think I'll need a pillow? Probly not...who needs pillows?

Oh guess what I got yesterday....free labor, but not just 1 hour, nope not 2 either....So now your thinking wow 3 hours! What did she do? But no....I got 11.5 hours! Ya see.... It all kinda builds up. So I'll be having a grand time this Sunday. heehee.

I have an Argumentative essay to work on, we have to find a controversial subject and write 5-10 pages on it. I'm doing mine on the Ark of the covenant. Where is it? Was it found? Did Osama Bin Laden really try to bomb the mountain it's hidden in. Is it under the dome of the rock? I'll be covering these myths and more in my article. It's the most interesting essay I've ever written! Because it's something that I care about, something that actually makes a difference to me personally.

I've decided where I belong. Where home is. My brother told me once, "America is my motherland, but Albania is my homeland." And it's true, my heart is in "my" country. I say Albania is my country because even if I no longer live there, that's where my heart is. I dont hang an American flag on my wall, I hang an Albanian flag. When I get homesick I miss Albania. North America is so different. In Albania we have a culture, everyone is courteous, you visit with people constantly, I love everything about our culture. The bargaining in the market, the loving people, the loud Albanian music blaring from the speakers in the outdoor market, the gypsy weddings with the bright colors and the coins dangling from everything in sight. The smells of home, spices mixed with horses, dirt, and rotten fish. It sounds odd that I would miss that smell, but it's home. I miss the crowd of little gypsy kids following me around the market, clinging to my skirt, calling me to look at the toys being sold. These are MY people, they love me and I love them, home isn't a house, it isn't where you go on break or even where your entire family is. Home is where your heart is, and my heart is with my people, my culture, my language, my country. Te dua shqiperia.

No comments:

Post a Comment