Monday, February 21, 2011

Gods Will

Yesterday I was thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. I started thinking about what I wanted to be when I was little the list changed through the years, it went something like this

4-Firefighter
5-Ninja
6-Farmer
7-Live in the 1800's
8-Archaeologist
9-Archaeologist
10-Archaeologist
11- Archaeologist
12- Archaeologist and Teacher
13- Archaeologist and writer
14-Archaeologist, Musician and writer
15- Archaeologist, writer, musician, and world traveler.
1 month until 16- I have no idea. But I'm OK with that, it'll be easier to give up my dreams to do Gods will. Before we started class today we sang the hymn "I'll go where you want me to go" those words have never rang more true for me. I've considered many options including staying at Fountainview for a year to be a dean, or being a student missionary somewhere, going straight to college, or go back to Albania and spend a year with my parents. But overall...I wouldn't want to be anywhere God doesn't want me. Before I do anything I have to stop and think "what is my purpose for doing this? Am I just trying to get away from life? Is what I'm doing going to help my walk with God? Will this witness to others for Christ?" If the answer to any of these questions is no then I cannot in good conscience continue in that act.

You may think that it seems like a harsh and boring life, that it's a huge sacrifice. But if you think about it in the light of everything else, in the light of eternal salvation...it's completely worth it. You will never be happy until your doing Gods will in your life. You'll always have that empty feeling, I know this from experience. So even when life seems tough, if your doing the will of God...you'll feel his presence in your life, and there's still hope.

2 comments:

  1. My life is so much like that, I am constantly changing what I want to pursue in life. But by the grace of God I can surrender my will to Him and not have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Moriah. I see a ton of growth in you. You are changing for the good. Keep up that great work kiddo. I wish I could see you before I go of the the Navy, but its not gonna work out. I appreciate your being such an awesome friend. Take care and keep treking upward - you will never be sorry. Oh and do your best to always smile. You might just change someones life.

    Thats all for now,

    Your friend.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete