Monday, September 3, 2012

I WILL SURVIVE!

Yes...that's right, that time of year is back again, when the seniors bravely face the wild world of the woods. And this time, it's my turn.
So yesterday was Sunday so Mr James told us we'd be doing training all afternoon, which wasn't a very welcome announcement. He told us to bring our packs, and then all of the sudden...WHABAM! "ATTENTION SENIORS, YOU ARE NO LONGER MEETING AT THE POND PLEASE LOAD THE BUS IMMEDIATELY"  eep. SO we ran frantically stuffing garbage bags and random food into our already full packs, I personally managed to fit 2 potatoes in mine. :) Yeeeeah...didn't think that one through reallly well.
So we load the bus and there was an odd number of guys and girls so I got the horrific duty of sitting with...wait for it...A boy! I know, it was a horrifying experience but somehow I lived to tell of it.
So we finally get there and Mr Rass starts teaching us about wild edibles. I personally chose not to eat the grey moss hanging from the tree...My mama taught me good. But I did eat a cattail! Unfortunately I found that you dont eat the fluffy part...so I got somewhat of a hairball! But it's all OK because we got a video.

Then we moved on to building shelters, we slaved away at our shelter until Mr James came and told us we were doing it all wrong...It had to be A shaped. Boo. So we started on the new one but unfortunately everyone thought their way was best. So I resorted top just picking up pine needles and leave the politics up to the rest of the group. Julie sat on a rock with her pine bough pom-poms chanting "Build that shelter! Build it good! Gooooo survival!" Who knew survival was a spectators sport?
Anyway, long story short when we finished our shelters they had us board the bus for school again...PSYCHE! Senior survival's not this week...


4 comments:

  1. I like that...hahaha....bring lots of food and clothes...miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sitting next to a guy that bad? I didn't think it was that horrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Mason, it wasn't that horrible but we both know I'm a drama queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol.. the same thing happened to me. I was pretty much convinced that it was senior survival, even though it was just supposed to be training... I think they pull that one every year :)

    ReplyDelete