Sunday, May 8, 2011

For Mom

HAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPYY MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHEEEEERRRRRRRS DDAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :)

I really wish I could be in Turkey with you guys, it sounds a lot funner then Canada. Anyway, I wanted to give you a song I wrote for you but I guess I'll wait till this Summer. So for now I'll


I almost remember being born I've heard the story so many times, I remember being little and asking to hear it again and again because I was so sure I was adopted because I looked nothing like Megan. I remember how you and Daddy tried to get me that mean ole Emu for like my 4th birthday, and then a llama. I'm not sure how you guys thought up those wacky gifts but I loved every one of them! Like when I was 12 and you guys planted that donkey in my room with a big red bow.
I also remember the discipline though, I think I got quite a few spankings in those 13 years! I'm sure I probably deserved it most of the time, and you probably didnt know this but when I was about 3 or 4 and me and Megan both got a spanking I put on about 4 pairs of pants and I remember she was crying her head off and I let out a small whimper and you thought I was such a good little kid and told Megan to look how well her sister was behaving! Hehehe...
And I remember how much you put up with when me and Todi were in 6th grade, all the noise and neopets, letting us have a graveyard for all the dead lizards and mice in the backyard, my noisy barking dog who caught that hedgehog, me and Megan making that boat to float down that gross sewer river. And then in 8th grade all the web shows you let us do, I never realized how noisy of a kid I was till just now! And I remember watching the olympics and telling you I wanted to be in them some day so I started running up and down the stairs and around the house during commercial breaks at mima's house. And you told me that I could do it if I trained hard enough. ANd rememebr when I was into ballet? You came to every "show" me and my dolls put on and dragged the rest of the family along with you. Or when I wanted to be a chef and made those chocolate noodles with raisins and cinnamon! You were the only one who would try it.
There's a really stupid bird bouncing off the window over and over again right now...anyway!

But you know the thing that impacted me most, is after that last thing happened with the you know who in Albania, when I told you I didn't want to live like this anymore, and I wanted to be safe. I was totally expecting you to say that I was safe in the house and that I was overreacting or something. But you said OK, and told me I could go back with Megan to America. And that day when I left, April 21 2010....I wasnt expecting to cry, it wasnt a big deal, I was leaving just like Megan had 4 years before me, but then you cried I wasnt expeting you to cry either, I guess if I would have thougth about it I would have expected it but I didn't. And when you cried I suddenly realized what was happening and that I wouldn't see you again for who knows how long. ANyway what I'm trying to say I guess is that I love you lots and I appreciate all that you've done for me even the spankings, I know I always said I would never say that but I do appreciate it. I really wish we would have had more time together growing up, you were always so busy since I turned 9, you were still there but not as much as I wanted. and then I left when I was 15 so you didn't get to deal with most of my teen years. But I'm still glad I got to spend most of my 15 years at home with you. I never was good at presents, I gave dad a toilet paper tube with noodles stuck to it that said pirate for fathers day, and I gave Megan hairspray one Christmas. But I hope that this was a good present, and that you have a great mothers day! And you still have Megan there so at least you'll have one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment