Sunday, May 15, 2011

What If I Died Today?

A thought came to my mind today, what if I had died today? Not to be morbid or anything, but what would I leave behind? What will people say about me after I'm dead? Am I a person who has made a difference in the world and in peoples lives? Or did I just live for myself and whatever was fun for me.
Here's a scenario, not saying it happened or didn't happen.
Lets say I was taking a walk right? And I go down by the sawmill right after it rained and stand on the log right on the cliff edge, the log was kinda slippery because it was wet. Lets say I slipped and caught myself just in time.
I think I have a pretty good grasp on reality as of lately. I dont want to leave behind the legacy I currently have. It's not that it's bad, but it's not really the best either. I keep thinking to myself all the things I'll do after I graduate, or after I get a better job or later in life. But what if I had died today? None of those things would have mattered because I never would have done them.

I need to live in now, I want to make a difference today, I want people to remember me as someone who loved Jesus with all my heart and did my best to share with others about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment